What Is UCaaS?
UCaaS, or unified communications as a service, provides businesses with a cloud-based communications platform.
Wait, what is UCaaS?
In simpler terms, a UCaaS solution offers businesses an integrated and unified communications system operated in the cloud.
So, what does this mean?
As opposed to the (ironic) business practice wherein employees use a variety of communication tools that don’t actually communicate with each other (i.e., apps that don’t share information and data), a UCaaS system provides businesses with a cohesive and user-friendly communications solution.
How does UCaaS work?
In general, unified communications platforms provide companies with essential communication tools so employees can perform their work and complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
UCaaS solutions include the following baseline features:
- This refers to voice calls between geographically separated parties, including calls made via landlines and calls made with software.
- Virtual meetings
- This refers to real-time verbal communication conference methods, including video calls and web and audio conferencing.
- Asynchronous messaging
- This refers to messaging that is not instantaneous, like email.
- Instant messaging and presence indication
- This refers to rapid back-and-forth messaging and visibility of employees’ availability status.
- Integration with collaborative applications
- This refers to apps that facilitate teamwork and simultaneous co-work.
- Integration with business applications that include communication features
- This refers to company-specific apps used to conduct business that comes equipped with communication functionality.
What are the Benefits of UCaaS?
With so many employees working remotely, it’s only logical that a business’s methods and tools of communication take place in the cloud. There are several benefits, but here are just a few of our favorites:
- Employees can access the unified communication platform from anywhere at any time
- Geographically dispersed teams can effectively collaborate
- It’s user-friendly!
- No more confusion and difficulties when trying to pull information from one app to another
- Device compatibility
- Increased security!
- UCaaS system solutions consider strengthening cybersecurity to be an ongoing project of modification
- It’s the economic decision!
- Cheaper than on-premises communication systems hardware
- Pay for only the UCaaS solutions that your business needs
Who Needs a Unified Communications as a Service platform?
A few years ago, most of us made the commute to work on-site in the office. But today, more and more people are working remotely. Not only are employees joining conference calls from the comfort of their couches, but they’re also getting their work done from…
- Hotel rooms
- Air B&Bs
- The homes of friends and family
- On the road
- Shared office spaces
- Local eateries
- Appointment waiting rooms
The list is endless!
Since employees are enjoying more wiggle room in choosing where they work, an increasing number of companies have a workforce that’s geographically widespread and working at different hours from all sorts of devices.
So which businesses need to institute a cloud-unified communications platform?
All businesses benefit from implementing a unified communications as a service (UCaaS) system!